Kimberly represents clients in general liability, motor vehicle, construction defect, products liability, sports and recreation, and commercial matters. She serves as general counsel for a private country club. By invitation, she has spoken on a number of topics, ranging from products liability to exculpatory agreements.
Kimberly has vast trial experience at the state, and federal levels. Her published opinions at the appellate level include: Cooper v. United States Ski Assoc., 32 P.3d 502 (Colo. App. 2000) and Stamp v. Vail Corp., 172 P.3d 437 (Colo. 2007), which limits recovery for wrongful death actions in ski related cases to $250,000. She has also been published in ski industry periodicals.
Kimberly skied competitively throughout her youth, in the Central Division of the United States Ski Association, competing in nationally and internationally FIS sanctioned races. She skied on four state champion teams from 1979-1982. Kimberly also played competitive USTA junior tennis as well as high school team tennis. Her competitiveness continues today in her litigation practice.
Areas Of Practice
- Civil Litigation
- Professional Malpractice
- Ski Defense
- Sports Law
- Colorado, 1992
- University of Denver College of Law, Denver, Colorado
- J.D. - 1992
- University of Utah
- B.S. - 1987
- Cooper v. United States Ski Assoc., 32 P.3d 502 (Colo. App. 2000)
- Stamp v. Vail Corp., 172 P.3d 437 (Colo. 2007)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Colorado Bar Associations Sports and Fitness Industry
- Association Legal Task Force Defense Research
- Institute Past President and Board Member of the Association of Ski Defense Attorneys
- Bootstraps Scholarships & Loans, Director, Present
Pro Bono Activities
- Bootstraps Scholarships & Loans, Director